Our Ask: Consideration for U.S. aid to Israel should include;
- an end to the indiscriminate bombing of a civilian population,
- consideration for a permanent ceasefire,
- commitments to vital humanitarian assistance into Gaza,
- the right of return for displaced Gazans,
- guarantees of no long-term Israeli re-occupation or blockade of Gaza,
- an end to settler violence and settlement expansion in the West Bank, and
- finding a true political, economic, and diplomatic solution to end the cycle of violence.
Why Act? The mass killing of civilians, including children, is unacceptable and is a violation of international law. Netanyahu's extremist government is relentlessly assaulting civilians and rendering Gaza uninhabitable. Senators, including Bernie Sanders, Chris Murphy, and Peter Welch are now considering proposals for conditioning military aid to Israel and ending the blank check approach that has clearly not contributed to peace or security for either Israelis or Palestinians. Giving $14.3 billion without any conditions to Netanyahu, following the killing of over 5,000 children and expecting better results in the future, is unconscionable and reckless.
Our Mission: We urge you to connect with your Members of Congress now and demand that they place much-needed restrictions on the $14.3 billion aid package to Israel to ensure that such aid is not used to harm civilians. Our campaign, "No Blank Checks to Netanyahu," is a call for accountability and a much overdue oversight over how foreign militaries use U.S. tax dollars.
What's at Stake: Reassessing U.S. aid to Israel is a matter of extreme urgency, especially as we have the power to leverage our position and influence to promote de-escalation in the region, advocating for a political resolution over military intervention. This reassessment is critical to prevent complacency in actions that may violate international law and compromise our commitments to human rights.
Take action today and connect with your elected officials to demand accountability for U.S. aid to Israel. Together, let's end the blank check approach. #NoBlankChecksToNetanyahu